I’ve just published my first app in my personal Apple developer account. 🎉It feels great!
All these years I was 100% focused in others’ apps and never made time for my personal projects. That was making some noise inside me and my desire of having my own apps became stronger.
2020 is quite a year: all of us struggling with COVID-19 (among other things). We all are suffering in different ways but also joining forces together for a common cause. We’re staying home, we’re taking care of the elders, we’re buying groceries for those in quarantine, we’re helping our children so that they keep learning despite they’re not going to school, we’re praying or meditating, we’re practicing or learning better hygiene habits…
So I decided to make an app to give something back to the world, to contribute with my grain of sand in these bittersweet hours. That’s why I created “Semmelweis”, an application to teach you how to wash your hands, dedicated to Dr. Ignaz Semmelweiz, the father of hand washing.
What you get?
- A step-by-step tutorial, with pictures and text to help you clean your hands in an about-1-minute task.
- Voice instructions.
- Music in the background (you can choose from 5 songs!).
- SiriKit integration so that you create a Siri shortcut to start the app and the tutorial without even touching your device. So, let’s say you arrive home, tell Siri: “Hey Siri, I want to wash my hands”, and the app will launch along with the tutorial.
- Setup notifications every 4 hours.
- A timer to tell you how much time is left for your next hand wash.
- Learning section about hand cleansing (why, when and how).
- Dark mode too.
- Available in English and Spanish.
New features are coming soon so stay tuned!
Music from https://www.bensound.com/. Awesome site with royalty free music.